Frequently Asked Questions
Who can drive the motorhome?
You must be aged 25-72 and have held a full UK licence for a minimum 2 years with a maximum of 6 minor points.
We can insure a maximum of 2 additional drivers on the motorhome at a charge of £5 per additional driver per night. If you fall out of these parameters, please contact us to talk through any options.
How do I book?
What is the security deposit?
We require a security deposit payment of £750 from the hirer’s debit/credit card upon collection/delivery of the motorhome to cover any accidents and damages to the motorhome. This amount can vary depending on if the driver has any penalty points or is out of the 25-72 age range. For special event hire such as festivals or sporting events the security deposit is £1250.
We do offer a Collision Damage Waiver option to reduce your liability which can be added during your booking process.
What does the rental price include?
- Unlimited UK mileage
- UK fully comprehensive insurance for one driver
- UK breakdown cover
- Satellite Navigation
- Reversing Camera
- Bike rack for up to 4 bikes (up to maximum 60 kg)
- Well-Stocked Motorhome
- Comprehensive pre-hire handover and demonstration
- 24 hour telephone support
What optional extras are there?
- Double bed linen pack (1x Duvet, 2x Pillows, 1x Bottom Sheet, 1x Duvet Cover, 2x Pillow Cases, 1x Blanket, 2x Shower Towels, 2x Hand Towels) £25
- Single bed linen pack (1x Duvet, 1x Pillow, 1x Bottom Sheet, 1x Duvet Cover, 1x Pillow Case, 1x Blanket, 1x Shower Towel, 1x Hand Towel) £15
- Outdoor Dining Set (1 table 2 chairs) £4 p/night, additional chairs available
- Dog Adventure Pack – (2 collapsible bowls, blanket, towel, toy, poop bags) £5 per pack
- EU Adventure Pack – (EU Insurance Cover, EU Breakdown Cover, Unlimited EU Mileage, 2x Warning Triangles, 2x High Visibility Vests, 2x NF Approved Breathalysers, 1x GB Sticker Kit, 1x Headlamp Beam Converter Kit, Foil Blankets) £10 p/night
- Additional Drivers – You can add a maximum of two additional drivers providing they meet the criteria (found in FAQ and T&C) £5 each p/night
- Collision Damage Waiver – Our Collision Damage Waiver is there to protect our customers from incurring the full excess charge should the worst happen. This waiver will reduce your excess from £1000 down to £300 and is available on bookings from four nights onwards. Please read our Terms & Conditions for more informations.
- Car Valet – Exterior wash & dry – two bucket method, Exterior body and glass polish, Tyre shine, Interior vacuum, Interior glass cleaned, Surfaces cleaned and protected, Upholstery & Leather cleaned
Is there a minimum hire period?
- September 4 nights
- June/July/August 5-7 nights
- Rest of year 3 nights
What documents do I need?
Each driver will need to bring the following:
- Valid Passport
- Photocard Driving Licence
- Two forms of proof of address dated within 60 days (a household bill, bank statement etc)
- Your National Insurance number
Please contact us if you are unsure if your documents will be accepted.
When is the balance due?
The full balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to the start of hire.
We will require a 30% deposit of the total cost at the time of booking or full payment if the period is less than 8 weeks prior to the start of hire.
Can I take the motorhome out of the U.K.?
Yes, you can take the motorhome to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
We offer an EU Adventure Pack as an optional extra for £10 p/night (includes European Insurance Cover, European Breakdown Cover, 250 Miles Daily in Europe, 2x Warning Triangles, 2x High Visibility Vests, 2x NF Approved Breathalysers, 1x GB Sticker Kit, 1x Headlamp Beam Converter Kit, Foil Blankets.
Can I drive with points on my licence?
Yes you can, providing you have no more than 6 minor points. Please contact us if you have any more convictions to discuss options available.
Can I drive the motorhome on an international licence?
Yes you can but please contact us first to make sure.
Can I take my pet?
Yes, our motorhomes are dog-friendly. You can bring along a maximum of two medium sized dogs for no extra charge. We ask that you do not leave them alone in the motorhomes and keep them from climbing on the upholstery. We offer a Dog Adventure Pack as an optional extra at £5 per pack.
Do you deliver?
Yes. We offer a delivery service within a 20 mile radius of our collection points. Please contact us with any queries.
What charges apply if I cancel my booking?
More than 8 weeks before: booking deposit only
8 weeks – 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
2 weeks – No Show: 100% of total hire charge
Life’s an Adventure Ltd cannot postpone hire however, may transfer money from one hire to another – this will be reviewed case by case but Life’s an Adventure Ltd reserve the right to decline the request.
What are the collection and drop off times?
You can pick up/drop off the motorhome on any day of the week 364 days a year (excludes Christmas Day)
- Our official pick up time is between 14:00 and 16:00 as per appointment
- Our official drop off time is between 9:00 and 11:00 as per appointment
Failing to collect/drop off the motorhome on time will incur a charge. Please refer to the booking conditions for details however all customers will receive full details.
What is the fresh water storage?
What works from the LPG Gas bottle?
- Fridge (if not connected to an electric hook-up)
- Hot water
What works from the leisure battery?
- Water pump
- USB charging points
Do I need to hook up to the mains electric on sites?
On most campsites you can park your motorhome on an electric hook-up pitch, this provides mains electricity which powers the fridge, water heater, space heater and also recharges the leisure battery.
The on-board 240v plug sockets can only be used when hooked-up to the mains electric.
What plug sockets are in the motorhome?
There is a 12v socket in the driver cab which can be used to charge mobile phones etc.
The Benimar has 240v power socket 4, 12v socket 1, USB 2
The Majestic has 240v power socket 4, 12v socket 1, USB 2
Do I get a handover and demonstration of the motorhome?
Yes, you will receive a full demonstration of the motorhome facilities upon collection/delivery of the motorhome. User manuals are also supplied with the motorhomes.
How many miles per gallon can I expect?
All our motorhomes have the latest efficient diesel engines, you can expect around 30 miles per gallon.
Is the motorhome suitable to use in winter?
Yes our motorhomes are very suited for winter hire as they are insulated and very easy to heat with the on-board heating system. You will find them extremely cosy and comfortable.
Do I have to stay on campsites?
We recommend that for safety you stay on campsites (it is advisable to book campsites in advance especially in peak season).
‘Wild camping’ is actually prohibited in many areas. You will need to check whether there are any restrictions on parking, overnight parking or sleeping in vehicles. For further information please read our wild camping blog.
How old are the motorhomes?
Our motorhomes are the latest 2017 models.
What happens if I break down on hire?
All our motorhomes are covered with UK and EU breakdown assistance, details will be given to you during the handover process.
What happens if I have an accident or damage the vehicle whilst on hire?
Don’t panic! Accidents happen, give us a call/email or text within 8 hours of the incident to inform us what has happened and obtain advice. More details can be found in our booking conditions however we will cover all accident information during the handover process.
Is there an excess on the vehicle insurance?
Yes the standard excess is £1000 per reported incident or accident. We do offer a collision damage waiver charged at £15 per night which will reduce this excess to £300. Please contact us for information.
Can I park my car with you whilst I am away?
Yes you can, both of our collections points are secure off-road parking and have 24h CCTV. Why not come back to a clean car by opting for a our car valet service which can be added during your booking process.
Do you allow smoking in your motorhomes?
By law and for the comfort of all our customers, smoking is strictly prohibited on board all our motorhomes.
If you have any other questions or you would like to know more details, please contact us today.
Carrington Business Park,
Manchester Rd, Carrington